Friday, October 30, 2009

I.Robot !

The night is dark, raindrops falling...pitt....patteer...on the neighbour's flat balcony steel shed.

And suddenly at 5:30 am a shrill sound comes out making my air conditioners fan sound lesser.

Five beeps one after other with a slight gap of two or three seconds. The shrill sound will go on until my hand reaches out for the sound making device.

Now its a big decission waiting for me....which button should I press ????

One says...SNOOZE....other one was....STOP.

I think this is the meanest and crulest device I ever had to buy to keep myself on time.

It is just few hours ago I set the alarm how time can be so ruthless?

I press snooze....even five minutes more looks like the best luxury right now.

But what had happened if I presses the stop....even though if I pressed the STOP, I actually had to start.

After two hours of continuos preparation of my husbands departure for his job and me, I finally was ready to wait for my van. It comes on time as usuall carrying few nice and neat looking people waiting to become robot.

Yeah...sure few of them might think that they are humans but I know they are not. They are ROBOTS in disguise.

And all of those robots including me have a definite set of rules....

1. A robot may not injure a human being or allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would not match with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not match the First or Second Law.

When me, Robot reach my work place I always recharge my battery, by taking tea...or little gossip...or little chat with other robots.

Fortunately, the device which makes me robot in the morning change me into human again after 5:00 pm.

I become again a normal human who have a family, old mother to take care and let husband take care of me.

I, robot quite forget what had happened to me while I was human. And human always keeps memory of what had happened even when I was robot.

Suddenly or fortunately, its friday....its time for me to become human for two continuos days.

hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment