Sunday, October 11, 2009

Keep Smiling !

My husband likes to sign off with the little admonition :

" Keep Smiling. "

When I was working in World Apparel, Mr. Amal always greet me with "Haj, always good to see your smiling face."

Only I never was smiling until after he said that.I have a hard time remebering to smile.

Even if I'm really happy, I tend to multitask, which keeps me too busy to smile.

However, the nicest, most pleasant people to be around are always smiling.

Which is why I decided that I am going to learn to smile....often.

This task is not nearly as easy as it seems, though it is helped by my husband's reminders.

Another thing that really helps in remebering Allah's grace to me. And that makes me want to skip (except I cant do that either).

As my first exercises in smiling, I have made it a point to smile when I look at childrens at a school, some of them notably strange, can be a happy thought.

When I think of people looking at me, wondering why this girl(woman I am not) is grinning, I start to laugh at myself, which only makes the smile wider and more sincere, but, I am afraid, still leaves the wondering passers-by in the dark.Smiling, like any physical activity, can be strenuous if your muscles are out of practice.

You have probably tried to obey your mother and exercise good pasture, but found that it was uncomfortable.

This is because those muscles that keep you erect are out of shape.

Do a little experiment.Start smiling at the smiley face :=) Keep Smiling, Look at a clock. There is usually one at the bottom af your computer.

No, dont drop; keep smiling. Count two minutes. Hold it.

How do your cheeks feel? A little tired?Neverthless, I think it is a worthwhile exertion for all of us.

As my friend once emailed me, you never know when someone might be falling in love with your smile.

Or as that unseen aunts on every old sitcom would say,If the wind changes, your face might stay like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment