Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shed your calories !

My beloved husband.....

This is time we should start some exercise..... we are over 30 years now and I don't want to end up with heart diseases by the time we reach our fourties.

hmm.... I said to him.....

He : ohhh..... what exercise...what is it? What did you say?? Sorry ???

I: Walking....we will start with walking and then we will start doing some other kind of exercises also.....

So... do you know any park with jogging tracks?

He : ohhh....you are serious...yeah I do !

Its a park behind that big departmental store where you always wanted to go for shopping but I never took you.... (hmm....he reminds me to change my mind about walking and give me reason to quarrel).

I : (as don't want to spoil the healthy conversation though took me 10 seconds to stay calm and get rid of his wicked way of not letting me shop in that departmental store)

Ok...we are going today evening as I am free and my mother Allah ka shukar is feeling well and I would love to see little children playing around us while we walk....

He : less enthusiastically.....OKAY.

When we reach the park it was almost 4:50 pm. Good timing. Perfect for an evening walk. I said to my self and take a deep breath tried to inhale every fragrance I can feel of flowers...grass and wet soil. It was lovely indeed.

It was a small park. At one side on wet soil there were swings and slippers for children to amuse. And at the other side was benches. The jogging track was in a circle covering whole park and in the middle was ground with grass and flowers pots. So if I walk on the jogging circle I can see everyone or everything in the park while covering whole circle.

And then when I was wearing my joggers I saw my beloved husband wearing slippers.

I: Why? What not you wear your shoes?

He : ohhh...why...would I need my shoes here? asked he innocently.

I: Well we are not here to sit and have fun....we are here to walk...remember? Anyways...suit yourself... I said a little irritably and move ahead.

He : start following me.....with low shoulders....

After a little walk we come across the place where there were children playing cricket. One of them has made a huge shot and ball came towards us....husband catch it expertly and start smiling....he stopped and I too with with....

I: Ok...let go the ball...you don't want to take it home? Do you?

He: No no...I was just remembering my days of childhood...how I used to play cricket all day and never get tired of it. And the way I used to make shots and my bating and my bowling and my....

I: Ohhh...please we can talk about it with walking as well....why you had to stop your feet's when you move your tongue?

He: whats the hurry....

A boy came and took the ball from him....of course they were tired of waiting him to threw it back too.

After a small walk again we came across the children who were having fun in sewing...and few of them were in a line to wait for their turn....he suddenly stoped again....

I: Now what ?

He : I should tell the children to stay a little away from that swing its not safe...they all are standing so near.

I : hmmm.....(tried to yell at the children)....hey children....shoo...shoo...shoo...away from swing....

He: Not like that silly....they are children not cows....or goats....

We again stoped and he went and made another line of all of them with a little more distance from swing.

I : I should have not come with you. Next time I will come alone. Cant we walk continuously? Cant you just concentrate on your speed and your feet...feel the pain on your feet when carries that much load on them....? Poor feet !

He : You are so cruel... I am a lively person and I will definitely take a notice of anything wrong around me and will make a noise about it too.....

I : yeah...whatever....

We walked a little more than he stopped again.....

He : Oh....look at that ?

I : in my own thoughts went a little ahead of him but stopped hearing his....noise.... What is wrong now?

And while we were standing with a little gap between....and he has bend on the floor to see or observe something and at the same time I saw few ladies who had also come for walk coming towards us following the track....

I : hich...hiccch....stand up....

He : by the time he stand up ladies were near us.... OH HELLO ! (he said broad smilingly).

Ladies : hye...haye....hello to you too.....

He : step behind to give them space to go through the track.... and then picked something from track and come back to me.....

I : What was that ?

He : Can you believe it...it is very low....someone throw a bone on the middle of the jogging track?

I: Ohh... I am sorry...was it your BONE ?

He : No no...I think someone has eating something and throw the bone on the track and people might get hurt because it is a very sharp...pointed bone.

I : hmm...can we please continue....?

He : Ohh yes...

We finally made our first round....I was so glad....

I : Isn't it lovely....we complete our first round of the park? Should we continue?

He : ohh yes yes...ohh did you see that?

I: What is it now ?

He : ahh...French Fries....you love them don't you? Shall I buy a pack for you?

I : hmm....after little consideration....okay....

And soon we had our 20 rupees pack of fried tomatoes and were sitting on the grass....eating with pleasure.

I : Isn't it funny that we came here to shed our calories but end up taking more of it ?

He : (with awkward smile) ohh yeah yeah....

I : Thanks to you my beloved husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment