Friday, November 11, 2011

Bumped

So after Eid-ul-Adha…the time is for lots of marriages and Bar BQ parties. And I never turn down any BBQ party…hmmm….aahh…me and my eating habits…sigh…

And I recently bumped into my ex..hmm..

Someone I thought I quite 'love' - a long time ago or may be even now.

Actually….it's not really 'bumped' - it was kind of 'planned.'

Was at a BBQ organized by a cousin and I knew he would be invited.

At first I thought I should not go…anyway…I was there…of course I made lots of efforts to look 'good but casual' -

It's only a BBQ but…hmm….boy…..did I go through my entire wardrobe trying to find something that would look like I have absolutely not made any efforts!

hmm…saw him and slightly shy at first ( that's me - not sure about him) but….as we got chatting - or actually….it's more like as we all got talked at….it all came back! -

hmm….the reasons why we broke up...and how he told me that every thing I do…every action of mine…is just so irritatingly 'wrong' .

Of course….at the back of my mind - it's this constant nagging and 'question mark' about how and why and where I made the mistake which pissed him off…!

A far as I remembered...myself...holding on to his every words…thinking that he was really cool and friendly….lots of ideas and opinions - nothing he did was wrong. Seeing him would just made me smile.

I don't know how and when (in his eyes) my position shifted from sweetheart to reviler during the time we were together.

It was almost an overnight thing but it was like the sky suddenly opened up…something heavy dropped on his head…he lost his memory…and changed completely…

I once read somewhere that it's because we forgot to put "postage" on the eyes and therefore…got ourselves misposted to the wrong men/women.

It's funny though how we often think we've met the right person….wanted to give them the moon….the stars…the love…the heart…and everything until the day we split up - and realised how unlucky we were to be with 'him/her.'

The lesson there is never say never and never ever say 'forever'...hmmm....

Well I am quite glad that we are no longer together but despite him being my ex - making the effort…to look 'good' was definitely the right thing to do….I guess…hmm….

5 comments:

  1. Keep him as an X. Life is too short to be with someone who criticizes you.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,i recently visit your blog,like the post ,hope you visit and join my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu jazakAllah for joining my blog and keep on commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the last line...I strongly agree. Looking "good" is a must :) I mean why nott??? :) Your obsession with Stray Reflections brought me to your page. Thanks to internet.
    Nice reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very sad that despite your loving him he dumped you. Your ex is unlucky to lose you. In other words, he is a loser yet you are still in love.
    But the whole scenario has touched me.

    ReplyDelete