Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Out of Balance !

Many people, including my mother and people I am close to, often state the need for "balance" in life.

I have often heard statements such as,

"The key to life is balance",

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." (Albert Einstein ),

hmm....this word makes alot of sense but can this word "BALANCE" give us a feeling of complete freedom from anything that might considered as imposed on us...???

Many times I started but never finished to find the perfect balance in my life.

hmm...but tell me...please do tell me....what is it I am trying to balancing here???

Between a little bit of good and a little bit of bad ?

In practical life we do need to balance every activity, "We need to maintain a proper balance in our life by allocating the time we have. There are occasions where saying no is the best time management practice there is".

Of course, we should balance our food intake, our activity level, commitments etc....hmm...after all it does not look nice to be in office by midnight everyday...or dinning out everyday...or playing cards all day long with friends and not even thinking of wife alone at home..hmm...

But there are so many other things on which we don't have any authority or power to balanced them.

Allah....has made me a woman....a daughter....a wife and may be future mother as well and I don't want to balance the role HE has assigned me.

I mean I cant be thinking...hmm...." Oh... I have spent too much time being a blessing to my beloved husband this week, I really should cut back on that ! "

I wouldn't never ever tell my child , " I am sorry, I know you are crying and need attention, but I have been taking care of you too much today so need to be balanced."

Instead I readily would throw myself into what my loved ones requires and being the very best daughter, wife and mother I wouldn't say a word about balance. Because may be this is what ALLAH wants me to do at that time.

Even our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) go beyond his power and strength to brought back ALLAH's faith in people.

Even our migration from India to Pakistan and the leaving all our life's saving behind would sometimes be considered as out of balanced but that was the need of time.

So when in need its ok to be out of....BALANCE....hmmm.

4 comments:

  1. I am really impressed by this post and the questions it raised. This line is simply brilliant:

    “Even our migration from India to Pakistan and the leaving all our life's saving behind would sometimes be considered as out of balanced but that was the need of time. So when in need its ok to be out of....BALANCE”

    Is excess of goodness and virtue an imbalance act and hence not desirable? Balancing act is a misleading notion! It really means an act where all necessary ingredients that are important to formulate and get best results are in best possible proportion!
    A lovely post…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar Sahib....thank you so much. I am honored to have you on my blog. Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, not only is this one of my favorite by you, Thinking in that if gives me an entirely new angle, honestly...but somehow also Akhtar Sahib's additional comments ALSO give me even and always MORE insights. I love this post and comment Akhtar Sahib and wish this discussion could go on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm..Dear Connie...Glad to have you again.

    Sometimes....when we start looking into the things or our doing those things they turned very differently and change our perception.

    hmm...yet I do belived that we can't balanced out humnaity with good or bad and right or wrong...but still we have to hold on our routine.

    Thank you so much for your time...your comment always mdae my post valuable...hmm

    ReplyDelete