Saturday, June 7, 2014

Exchange

As it always happens to me ...time to time....I get this feeling that I have wasted enough of my life and so far has not read the enough books...hmm...which got me freaked out and I closing all the doors to the social world (unless it is necessary) start reading the books...

I don’t know but I always feel like in debt to all the good books out there and thinks it is my duty to read them...somewhere someone written a very nice...informative...sensitive and creative book and I am just roaming around not even a single second thinking about what actually I am missing...for me...this is very very very...bad.

As a child I used to calculate...hmm...I used to make the calculations in my diary about the books I would have read by the certain age I reached...my calculation was very simple...for me one week is more than enough to finish a book...adding...everyday routine as three time meals...one time shower...one hour with mum...and one hour for my pets seems like a good plan to me...

I can even make notes...can feel the passion...and can move on for the next one...and if one week is enough than it makes almost 50 books per year...and if I somehow would manage to read all these books a year depending on searching...finding and finally having them beforehand ....lots of lots of books I should have read by the age I am...but...nope...as I said I have wasted lot of time...causes were sometimes created by my own...and sometimes as the Air Plane Tickets disclaimer says...” Works of God”...

Does this sound irrational? Do you think I am exaggerating?

Consider yourself during a hectic day...phone ringing every second...pile of files lying on your desk so high that hides you behind them ...searching something desperately on the Google as your next meeting is in few minutes and you are the one leading it...and suddenly you looked up and saw a calendar hanging just in front of you and this calendar containing the current month scattered throughout the half page and the upper half page got this very enchanting scenery of some distant ...out of reach...dreamy place or park and even though you should not be thinking anything else...you feel the numbness towards everything scattered around you and so wanted to be there....yes...in that dreamy...enchanted...lonely place...at that exact point...if you will be asked I am sure you will readily exchange your place...from here to that dreamy...soothing...gentle place...

hmm....See...?

That is exactly how I feels...the longing for the books...to read every master piece...to read contemporary at the same time the classics...to be able to remember them...to be able to talk about them...to be able to live with them...this is for me...my exchange from this social world to that wonderful world of books....

The difference is...hmm....you may not exchange your place (unless you have some witch on broom as your friend who would happily give you a favour)....but I can...chee...

I can exchange my social world to that world of books...and so right now I am writing this from that book world of mine...hope all is well with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment