Saturday, September 17, 2011

I would be happier...if only !

hmm….
I often asked this question to me…Am I Happy?

Yes....hmm...I am happy...

I am happy for what Allah has given me…HIS blessings are around me…like my caring and loving mother…my beloved husband…my work…my way of living…my blog…and my online friends…

They all make me happy…all the time…and only today I asked this question to me…

What would make me happier?

I would be happier if only…

I am a bit more petite…slim…not more but only three inches …tall….with fair skin…

If only I become wiser…

My mother becomes healthy…active in our lives as she used to be…

And I would be happier if only…

…the dark yesterdays of segregated schools transforms into bright tomorrows of quality integrated education…

….if men and women....will be judged on the basis of the content of their character....not on the basis of the color of their skin.

…if only every state governor will govern justly...who will love mercy...and who will walk humbly with his God and his people.

…I would be happier if only….

….when nobody will shout..hmm....“White Power!”
And nobody will shout....“Black Power!”

….but everybody will talk about God’s power and human power.

I would be happier if only…America will no longer have a high blood pressure of creeds and an anemia of deeds.

And I would be happier if only people start respecting every others’ feeling and religion.

....hmm...

7 comments:

  1. Finding happiness outside remains always elusive and futile. Happiness comes as naturally as a breath when it naturally comes, free from any strings attached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!
    Only Allah subhanahu wa taalaa is supreme.
    We should just worry about pleasing Him and Him only and noneelse, otherwise we always end up drifting away from the path of truth.
    Shamefully, the selfish elite is a cause for Allah's anger resulting in the global recession.
    Even the war industry couldn't help the ailing economy, raher it has messed up the world further.

    Hypocrisy, specially in Muslim lands is a source of major displeasure of our CREATOR.

    Our Allah is angry with us, because of our lagging behind - when it comes to confront the attackers, aggressors and other looters of our national and natural resources.

    If you don't stand up for your rights, you are doing a cruelty to your ownself which is sinful.

    Heavily intoxicated by deficit/interest based economy the Muslim world remains blameworthy and--responsible for its downfall.
    There is still time to correct/adjust our direction towards the real Qibla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very nice thoughful post. only if we could start with little things like mending ourselves and helping others. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. as Abraham Lincon said.....“it has been my observation that people are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”....i think he is right and it depends on individual how he/she can feel that happiness.....NICE POST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking,

    Though your wishes show a lot of much needed changes in our society or world but there is never an end to any wish list. One should be of frame of mind to be happy with what one has and thank God for blessings.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear All

    Thank you so much for coming...I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'If only.' Sigh.

    And I would be happier if only people start respecting every others’ feeling and religion.

    This should be number one on every RULES and REGULATIONS list.

    ReplyDelete